NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
NSS encourages students to become socially responsible citizens and helps them realize and experience the joy of selfless service to the community. The college provides comprehensive training and field experience to the Volunteers who have enrolled under the Unit, in order to establish and accomplish the community goals.
The various objectives of the NSS Unit are :
- understand the community in which they work
- understand themselves in relation to their community
- identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- practice national integration and social harmony
NATIONAL CADET CORPS
The National Cadet Corps is the youth wing of Armed Forces with its headquarters at New Delhi, Delhi, India. National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organisation, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Wing, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organisation which recruits cadets from high schools, higher secondary, colleges and universities all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades.
The NCC unit in the college has been established with the motto of nurturing the Cadets and provide suitable training for them to obtain necessary certification.